Since this is my personal site and I'd rather not mess w/ design issues if I can afford not to, I've decided not to support IE6. I encourage you to check out another browser. Why not Firefox?
FormBug is Firebug for <forms>
FormBug extends Firebug to make developing form intensive sites easier.
If you're dealing with forms with dozens of inputs, or have been keeping the Web Developer extension installed because of its "populate forms" feature, or just want to be able to quickly check the state of form data on a page, FormBug is for you.
FormBug in Action
FormBug does five things:
- List Forms: Provides a summary of all the fields that exist in the page in the panel. Mousing over any of these previews will highlight the form in the page (if the form isn't hidden). Clicking on the preview will provide a summary of the values of the different elements in the form.
- Populate Forms: FormBug will populate all <select>, <textarea> and <input> elements of type "hidden", "text", "radio", and "checkbox" with sensible default values.
- Populate Selected Form: Same as above, but only with the form you've right clicked on.
- Serialize Form: Prints out the name and value of every element in every form in Firebug's console.
- Serialize Selected Form: Same as above, but only with the form you've right clicked on.
- Inspect Forms: Outlines all forms in the current tab. When the mouse hovers over a form, FormBug provides a popup of the names and values of each element in the form.
You can download the latest version of FormBug from the Firefox Addons Site.
Bugs, questions, complaints, projects? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!